Friday, July 1, 2011

Stupid People Suck!

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000171 EndHTML:0000007843 StartFragment:0000002364 EndFragment:0000007807 SourceURL:file://localhost/Volumes/NO%20NAME/stupid%20people.doc
You ever wonder how you can get up in the morning and go to your crappy job, not that the actually job is crappy, but the people you have to deal with other the crap that comes your way?  Ever wonder why you put up with it, why not make a change?  I know why, its not fear of a new job, and having to learn the ropes, not knowing who the cliques are, the way things run.  What if comes down to is that we are lazy.  We are way to lazy to find another job, and integrate our selves into that new position.  We may hate our jobs, but are way to lazy to start all over.  This is why I am where I am.  I am lazy, I’m not afraid of failure or success, just don’t want to have to look for  a job, then apply, then deal with the whole interview process, then wait around for a week to figure out whether or not I got it.  Its to much work to find a job.  So I’ll leave my butt planted right here.    Where is here you ask, well I probably shouldn’t tell you the actual company name, but we manufacture candles and fragrance products.  What do I do you ask? In laymen’s terms, I filter shit.  All the work orders get scheduled for the week by the planners, then the planners put them in order, no specific order mind you , just in some kind of time line.  Then we (job flow) print that out, which is called a dispatch.  then we go and research each job to make sure we have materials for these jobs.  This is when the shift usually gets dumped on us.  We have to find jobs that we can actually run, which you would think would be easy, because the planners know what we have in stock, what’s coming in, and what had to be ordered, but no.  we constantly find jobs with no scent on order, or jobs with no labels.  Its like a mine field when trying to release an order to the floor.  My job could basically be done by a computer if the planners got there crap in order and scheduled the production jobs correctly.  They really don’t have much of an excuse, since they have a computer program that tells them when a job is missing a component. They ignore it with hopes that it will go away, or the little fairies that fly through the blades of grass will fix everything and all will be right in the world of candle making. I tell you sometimes I really wonder if the planners are just lazy, bad at their jobs, or just stupid.  One has to wonder.  It could also be a 1st shift thing, since the guy who does my job on first shit is completely incompetent.  Maybe its like a virus, it slowly spreads the longer you’ve been  here, or it may be a time thing, like you get stupider the earlier you work?  All I know is that 1st people are the stupid, lazy, whiners, 2nd shift works hard but whines about 1st shift, and 3rd shift, well their a little bit of both, kinda lazy, they work a little bit, and are sorta stupid.  the first half of my shifts are filled with picking up 1st messes, and fixing the shit that shift 1st fucked up.  That’s the world for ya.  Basiclly I like my job, its suppose to be easy, low key, layed back, but then you get the planners involved and all hell breaks loose.  They think that the production floor can produce a job at a drop of a hat, in all realty it takes at least 2 hours to prep a job and run it.  That’s if they get the materials in time.  Scent takes forever to get, and dye, well depending on who’s down there, you might get it that night, or a week from now.  I was once a wax prep, there the ones that make the wax like a recipe, x% of wax, X% of dye, scent, UV’s, etc.  they have a sheet that tells them how much to add of what.  Its pretty easy as long as your’ paying attention.  I love it when someone from wax prep try and bull shit me, its funny because I can see right threw them.

No comments:

Post a Comment